1. Educational kids' area rugs are perfect for schools, doctor's offices, and playrooms. Instantly, a play-and-learn center is created with rugs that teach letters, shapes, colors, numbers, measurements, time, and other early childhood functions. Keep the brain waves and the fun flowing with kids' activity and game rugs too!
2. Contemporary kids' area rugs brighten rooms with simple designs and bold colors while personalizing your child's space. From outer space rugs to nautical rugs, we've got a theme sure to spark a gleam in your child's imaginative eyes. Kid space is naturally messy, so look for stain-resistant polypropylene fabrics that are easy to maintain.
3. Pick an area rug pattern that is bright, cheerful, and versatile enough to coordinate with changing styles. Mix it up just a bit with rug shapes from round to square with all other shapes in between. Keep in mind, though, that what is a kid's favorite today may be history tomorrow.
4. Choose kids' area rugs that are interactive and activity-oriented. Transportation rugs with street designs perfect for navigating toy cars, game rugs featuring life-size hopscotch boards or puzzle pieces, and sports rugs with field and court designs provide hours of fun for children.
5. Chemicals can have adverse effects on children; detox your child's room by removing carpets that contain formaldehyde, BPDE, and fibers that trap toxic particles. Use kids' area rugs made of natural materials over hardwood floors to launch your battle against dangerous chemicals.
6. Select a kids' area rug with a low pile for easier cleaning. Low-pile carpets are more durable, and piles less than 1/3 inch high clean thoroughly with a vacuum. Low pile certainly doesn't mean minimal style, so go for playful appeal with animal rugs or bug rugs, or round up the wow factor with western rugs.
7. Never use detergents, ammonia, bleach, or household cleaners on kids' area rugs. Dry extraction with an absorbent compound saturated with detergents and solvents can be brushed into rug fibers and removed by vacuuming.
8. Look for these features in kids' area rugs: durability, antistatic protection, stain protection, soil protection, high fiber density, and Class I flammability rating. Rugs with nylon pile are not easily crushed under active feet, and their serged edges do not unravel or fray.
9. Are you renting a home or apartment where you're doomed to live with boring white walls? Kids' area rugs used on floors and walls are an artistic alternative to paint, stenciling, and wallpaper. Check out vivacious rug styles by Momeni and Dynamic Rugs to wash that white away!
10. Bold, bright, contrasting rug colors, from rambunctious red to bold blue, create a focal point in kids' rooms. Yet more subdued-colored rugs in ivory or beige enhance a room.